Terms and conditions
Deposits and final payments
Payment – A deposit of 25% of the total Tour Fare will be asked of clients at the time of your new booking. The balance is then payable 40 – 35 days prior to your departure. If a booking is made within 40 days prior to your departure, full payment is required at the time of booking or as soon as the accommodation has been confirmed.
Payments can either be made by credit card via the secure server on our web site or by direct crediting our bank account. Please be aware that for if you wish to make your payment by either Visa or MasterCard a 1.5% credit card fee will be applicable. If you would prefer to make your payment by American Express a 3.0% credit card fee will be applicable.
Alternatively, you can choose to pay by direct credit into our bank account. Any applicable fees charged by your bank will be your responsibility.
* Deposits and Final Payment terms/conditions may differ from the above depending on contents of your tour. Once the booking is officially confirmed, our staff will advise of the Deposit and Payment details directly.
Experience Travel Responsibilities
Experience Japan Travel Pty ltd operate the experiencejapan.com web site as agents for the owner/operators identified in the web site. Whilst we have visited (and do visit on a regular basis) all of the properties on the web site, we are not responsible for the individual properties. It is highly unlikely in Japan, but we are not liable for any loss or damage caused by any failure or improper performance by any of the owner/operators. However, in the event that a owner/operator cannot provide you with contracted accommodation, we will use our best endeavors to provide you with alternative accommodation, but otherwise we shall have no liability to you.
Cancellation Charges – If you have to cancel all, or part of your holiday for any reason, the following cancellation fees are applicable.
- For cancellation more than 35 days prior to your arrival: 25% (deposit amount will be forfeited);
- 34 days or less: 100% of your Total Tour Fare.
- In the rare occassion where there is a National or Global emergency, cancellation charges will still be charged as above conditions. However, if the Japanese Government for some reason restricts the entry to Japan for Overseas Visitors, all effort will be made to refund the Tour Costs partially, minus the Deposit.
* Experience Japan Travel will however, negotiate all properties in order to keep the cancellation charges to a minimum.
Important note – Experience Japan Travel recommends that you obtain personal travel insurance to cover any cancellation of part or all of your holiday.
Amendment Fee: An amendment fee in Japanese Yen may apply (per amendment) in some cases, but generally, all amendments will be re-arranged at no extra costs to the clients. If an amendment fee is necessary, our staff will advise at the time of booking.
Damage Deposit – Where a deposit against damage or breakage is required, this is payable to the owner/operator or their agent on arrival at the particular property. A receipt should be given to you by the owner/operator or their agent.